A301 POWERPROJECT PM SKILLS - PRACTICAL SCHEDULING DELAY ANALYSIS
This two day, highly interactive, Practical Scheduling & Delay Analysis course is essential for those engaged regularly in matters of project delay and disruption.
In this 2-day residential course delegates discuss the great value for money the course provides.
The construction industry has one of the highest records of delayed project completions.
Each year, millions of pounds are lost because of poor time management, project controls and record keeping.
As a result projects often end in dispute between the parties with a consequential need for each to demonstrate extensions to time and details of delay analysis, either for relief from liquidated damages, for demonstration of additional costs that have been incurred, or both.
An understanding of the principles underpinning project delay, together with the range of techniques that are used to demonstrate such matters, are a must for organisational stability.
• Are you familiar with the key legal principles associated with matters of delay?
• Are you familiar with the range of techniques adopted to demonstrate delay, their advantages and disadvantages?
• Are you familiar with the practicalities of standard time related contract administration requirements?
• Are you equipped with the tools to prepare focused and meaningful reports?
Need a fully customised training course?
We can run training courses that are customised to your specific requirements.
The project management training can be based on your own templates and the course notes tailored to reflect the way you run projects.
Upon completion of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of the principles underpinning project delay, as well as a number of techniques that can be used when demonstrating such matters.
The practical ‘hands-on’ sessions give delegates valuable experience in how to manage the daunting prospect of cross-examination.
When combined with the comprehensive course information provided, attending this 2-day residential course will give delegates the ‘tool-kit’ they need to effectively manage incidents of delay.
In what type of projects?
Construction, Technology Organisations, Civil Engineering, Public Sector, Facilities Management, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Consultancy Firms.
The course is presented by a range of experts in this field and has been constructed to provide course delegates with a ‘toolkit’ such that they may practically consider both proactive and reactive measures back in their own work environment.
This course has been constructed to provide delegates with practical ‘hands-on’ sessions to consider the implementation of the theories and techniques presented.
Don’t delay…can your business afford not to understand how to approach matters of entitlement and commercial exposure?
• Examine – key legal principles
• Define – methods of analysing delay
• Maximise – your entitlement through clear presentation of the facts
• Analyse – the strengths and weakness of your existing processes
• Discover – the tools necessary to improve your business exposure
• Save – costs associated with engaging expensive consultants
• Motivate – your colleagues into aligned and focused corrective practices
• Prepare – an action plan for correction of your current business processes
• Utilise – the materials provided as soon as you return to work
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Those in your organisation that have responsibilities for the management of time:
• Planners, Schedulers and Project Controllers
• Commercial staff and Quantity Surveyors
• Project Managers
A certificate of completion will be issued to those who attend and complete the program.