Site Progress Mobile
Easy Project Progress Reporting from your Mobile Devices
Site Progress Mobile for Powerproject is a downloadable application which enables you to record the progress of tasks, repetitive events and building stages from a remote location against their work as scheduled in a Powerproject project plan using a mobile device.
You will have the ability to use Site Progress Mobile after you have downloaded information to your mobile device.
One of the main advantages is that you can record progress even if you do not have a valid internet connection while working onsite in a remote location.
This gives you flexibility with an option to submit your changes at a desired later time.
Each user sees only the relevant tasks and progress check lists for which they have responsibility.
When you access Site Progress Mobile at the start of a working period – usually a week or fortnight – information relating to the tasks on which you are due to work during the working period are downloaded automatically.
You can select the project that you want to update and browse through the project hierarchy to locate the chart or summary group that represents the site that you want to update.
You can then use Site Progress Mobile to update individual tasks and to tick off the build stages that have been completed for each plot.
You can also use Site Progress Mobile to associate photographs with particular tasks or build stages and record notes about them.
At the end of each working period, you submit your changes, after which a Site Progress Mobile Administrator can update the projects with your progress information.
Site Progress Mobile enables you to:
• Record project progress quickly and easily via mobile devices or web browser
• Control which user updates which task list
• Improve data accuracy by removing the need for re-keying of updates
• Update progress at any time, from any location – without having to open Powerproject
• No signal needed to record progress – only when submitting updates
• Updates are automatically applied to Powerproject plans
• Record actual start/finish dates, percentage complete & remaining duration
• Add notes and photographs to each task update
Overview of Reporting Process
See below an outline of the simple steps for progress reporting with Site Progress Mobile:
• Log In: Log in to Site Progress Mobile and the projects assigned to you are downloaded automatically from the Cloud.
• Select Your Project: Select a project to update and browse through the project hierarchy to locate the tasks against which you want to report progress.
• Update Your Individual Tasks: Update your individual tasks and “tick-off” the sections of repetitive events that have been completed.
• Save Your Updates: You can save your updates to the project even if you do not have a phone or Wi-Fi signal, for when working onsite in a remote location.
• Submit Your Changes: Submit your changes and they are then uploaded to the Cloud as soon as your phone or Wi-Fi signal is restored.
Hardware & Software Requirements for Deploying Site Progress Mobile for Powerproject
The Site Progress Mobile app can be freely downloaded onto any Android, iOS or Windows Mobile device, from the following locations:
You must ensure that the current version of one of the following web browsers is installed on the computers that are to update progress using the Site Progress Mobile web app:
• Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Mozilla Firefox
• Google Chrome
You must also ensure that all computers that are to update progress using the Site Progress Mobile web app are able to access the app via HTTP.
No proxy server settings should be necessary unless your IT configuration applies restrictions to HTTP traffic.