LSM Planning & Scheduling Services
Linear Scheduling Method (LSM)
A linear schedule is a project management tool used to present a schedule in two dimensions, such as time and distance. This is normally used for projects with linear construction properties or repetitive tasks, such as the construction of roads, bridges, railways, tunnel, metro, light rail, and transmission lines.
Leading infrastructure companies across the globe should implement linear scheduling method to empower Project Planning & Scheduling Managers, Contractors, and Project Owners to create and execute a reliable, comprehensive and easy way to communicate linear project plan and schedule.
Using traditional project management scheduling software can often create
- Frustration – Difficult to gather enough accurate data to create a baseline you can rely on.
- Uncertainty – Challenging to determine what work has been done and where along the right of way.
- Confusion – Communicating a multi-page GANTT chart plan to field personnel and stakeholders creates more confusion than clarity.
- Inefficiencies – Clashes are hard to prevent and equipment move-arounds generate a huge volume of unnecessary tasks.
- Inaccuracies – Mass haulage and the rate of productivity of crews is hard to calculate accurately.
Linear Scheduling Method Advantages
- Equipment move-arounds and skips are a fact of construction. LSM enables you to easily modify the plan and it automatically updates time and costs.
- Sequentially start your crews using distance-based lags to reduce total construction time while preventing one crew from catching up to another.
- Plan around ROW access challenges like weather, permitting, crossings and other variables unique to the project.
- Incorporate elevation profiles, land acquisition, spend curves, Geotech data, environmental windows, crossings and crew movement and direction of travel along the ROW.
- Show the entire project scope on one Time Distance chart.
- GANTT charts are an ineffective way to communicate to field personnel. Show your crews what work has been finished and where and plan for the next day’s activities.
- Present and communicate the project’s complexities to various parties including stakeholders, contractors, junior engineers and owner companies.
- Integrate with Primavera P6, Microsoft Project and Powerproject.
- Import data such as crossings, mass haul, elevation or site map.
- Insert quantities, equipments and costs from spreadsheets.
- Coordinate schedules to avoid project clashes.
- Spot issues and solve them before they raise costs.
- Optimize continuous production of crews and equipment based on data.
- Evaluate the impact of any scope changes and project delays
- Schedule the time and distance between crews to maximum effectiveness.
- Complete accurate baseline integrating execution information.
- View the entire scope in one view to identify potential risks and opportunities to accelerate the schedule.
- Modify equipment sequencing and crew productivity rates to reduce inefficiencies and accelerate the project.
Why choose us?
- Specialized in the presentation of linear schedules and in time-location-diagrams. Many years of practical experience in the use of software for planning of infrastructure construction sites.
- Expierienced with all kind of stakeholders (Construction companies, planning engineers, estimators, work preparers, site managers, project controllers)
- If you would like more information on LSM solution and how it could assist your operations in its use of the linear scheduling method, with features such as linear project planning and a time chainage diagram, please do not hesitate to us