A102 POWERPROJECT RESOURCE & COST MANAGEMENT
This one-day course is for individuals who would like to learn how to manage Resource & Cost Planning & Controlling in projects.
This practical course is focused on resource management using the tactical software solution tool Powerproject to improve Resource & Cost Skills.
Need a fully customised training course?
We can run training courses that are customised to your specific requirements.
The resource and cost management training can based on your own templates and the course notes tailored to reflect the way you run projects.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to allocate costs and resources to tasks and then to report on these allocations using histograms.
Create Project Cash Follow report and they will also be shown how to compare and report against planned vs actual data using baselines.
Resource leveling and resource modeling is also covered.
In what type of projects?
Construction, Technology Organisations, Civil Engineering, Public Sector, Facilities Management, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Consultancy Firms.
There are three parts to this course, with an option of covering all topics in one course over two consecutive days, or two separate one day courses.
• How to Categorize Project Cost and Income Library
• Effective Cost and Income Modelling (fix, time base, unit base)
• Top down and Bottom up Cost Planning
• Cost and Income Distribution to Project Tasks, Cash Flow Analysis
• Formula Creation for Cost and Income Categories
• How to Categorize Permanent and Consumable Resources Library
• Effective Resource Modelling (duration, productivity rate, man hour, allocation calculation)
• Project Resource Demand Management
• Project Resource Availability, Allocation and Over Allocation Analysis
• Resource Leveling
• Resource and Cost Integration
• Resource and Cost Histograms
• Controlling Resource and Cost Against Target Plan
• Earned Value Analysis, S-Curve Reporting based on Resource, Cost and Income
• Creating Effective Cost and Resource Reports (excel, html, xml, pdf)
• Analyzing Enterprise Project Case Study in Powerproject
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course target is mainly for Resource Managers, Cost Control Engineers, Project Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, Project Managers, Enterprise and Project Risk Managers, Project Control Managers, Project Control Engineers, Engineers and Planners, Information Technology Managers.
It is particularly suitable for delegates who have attended the Powerproject Create & Manage Projects Course.
A certificate of completion will be issued to those who attend and complete the program.
The course is registered with PMI and those who complete the course will earn 8 PDU’s.